Acknowledgement, Waiver and Release – Volunteers
WARNING: THIS IS A LEGAL DOCUMENT THAT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS. PLEASE READ THE DOCUMENT CAREFULLY. ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST SIGN THIS FORM AT REGISTRATION.
1. I understand and acknowledge that volunteering for GODZone 2017 could involve some risk of injury. Hazards include, but are not limited to remoteness from assistance or medical aid, working at night, becoming lost, vehicle traffic, actions of other participants spectators and public, weather conditions, sleeplessness, hypothermia and heat exhaustion, natural and man made objects in the environment and other unspecified hazards. I am aware of the hazards involved and acknowledge that there is always risk of injury (including permanent injury, mental injury, paralysis and death) and damage to my property. In my judgment I have sufficient competence, knowledge, common sense, experience, survival skills and equipment to volunteer for all Event roles in a manner safe to myself and others.
2. I certify that I am physically fit and and have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical person that I can not volunteer for the Event and that I have been given the opportunity by the organiser to attend a pre event briefing session.
3. In consideration of being allowed to volunteer for the Event, I (on my own behalf and on behalf of my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors and assigns):
- WAIVE, RELEASE AND DISCHARGE from any and all liability for death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft and all other risks, claims or actions of any kind (including breach of contract, acts of negligence to the fullest extent permitted by law) whatsoever and however occurring, together with any legal fees incurred as a result of any such claim whether it is valid or not, which I at any time had or have as a result of or in connection with, directly or indirectly, my participation in and my travelling to and from the Event the following person or entities: 100% PURE Racing, GODZone, Event sponsors, Event producers, community organisations, all State, Federal and Local Government authorities in which the Event may be staged and the owners, licensees or occupiers of any property upon which I enter and their (its) respective officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, sponsors, representatives, agents, members and volunteers, including medical and paramedical personal appointed for the Event;
- INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the persons or entities mentioned in paragraph 3(a) from any and all liabilities, claims or actions (including negligence) whatever or however caused arising as a result of or in connection with, directly or indirectly, my participation in and travelling to and from the Event, including any person assisting me or my team;
4. I acknowledge that I am responsible for my personal possessions and equipment during the Event.
5. I accept the communications, search, rescue and medical aid arrangements put in place by the organisers. I understand and agree that in the first instance I am responsible for the provision of first aid to myself and those around me. As a competitor or support crew I am responsible for myself or my team’s timely removal from the course to a medical facility. I give my consent to receive any first aid and medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event accident, injury and/or illness as a result of my involvement in the Event.
6. I certify that the medical information supplied by me on the Volunteer form is true and I consent to and authorise that information to be provided to any medical practitioner, ambulance officer or any person involved or associated with any medical treatment or assistance that may be given to me as a result of my volunteering for the Event, regardless of whether the treatment is given.
7. I agree to allow my photograph, video, multimedia or film likeness and or name to be used for any legitimate purpose by 100% PURE Racing, it’s sponsors or assigns without notification, payment or compensation.
8. I acknowledge that the Event arranged insurance covers myself for public liability whilst volunteering for this event. As an ‘international’ volunteer I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to arrange suitable insurance cover to ensure, amongst other things, repatriation after the Event.
9. I certify that I will be eighteen (18) years of age or older before the Event starts or that I have full permission from my parent/guardian and they have read and understood the above and will co-sign below.
I have carefully read this form, understand and agree to its contents.
Please print out, sign it and bring it with you to the event registration.